Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Top 6 Tackle The Songs of Carole King

AMERICAN IDOL: The Final 6: L-R: Haley Reinhart, Scotty McCreery, James Durbin, Lauren Alaina, Casey Abrams and Jacob Lusk. CR: Michael Becker / FOX.

Truthfully, I have no clue who Carole King is, or even ever hearing her music. But, considering this year’s batch of contestants, they should be able to make Carole King’s music, from 40 years ago, completely and utterly relevant in today’s music.

So far (as of 5:40 PM), there are no spoilers for which contestant is performing what on Idol tonight, or which order the contestants will be performing. As I broke yesterday, the contestants will also be singing duets and trios to fill up the 90-minute episode of Idol tonight. I will give any updates that I hear about tonight.

NOTE: THIS RECAP IS ABOUT LAST NIGHT’S PERFORMANCE SHOW OF THE TOP 6 CONTESTANTS OF AMERICAN IDOL, AND WHERE I MENTIONED IN THE PARAGRAPHS BEFORE IS FROM YESTERDAY (4/27/11)…WHAT FOLLOWS IS THE FULL RECAP, WRITTEN TODAY (4/28/11) ABOUT YESTERDAY’S SHOW. HOPE THIS IS NOT CONFUSING!!

The Performances

d5760__jacob-lusk-american-idol-275x366

1) Jacob Lusk-“Oh No, Not My Baby”

My View: Parts of the performance sounded shrieky, just an average performance from Jacob.

Jacob Lusk singing “Oh No, Not My Baby”

Prediction: Bottom Two, but safe again.

Lauren-Alaina

2) Lauren Alaina-“Where You Lead”

My View: Awesome performance. Put a country twang on a Carole King song. Was expected, but exceeded my expectations.

Lauren Alaina singing “Where You Lead”

Prediction: Safe, not even close to going home.

3) First Duet of the Night: Casey Abrams and Haley Reinhart-“I Feel The Earth Move”

My View: Loved this jazzy duet between two excellent prospective jazz artists. Reminds me of a duet between a young Adele and either a Michael Buble or a John Mayer. Awesome performance of the duet.

Haley and Casey singing “I Feel The Earth Move”

scotty mccreery

4) Scotty McCreery-“You’ve Got A Friend”

My View: This showed me, yet again, why Scotty deserves to continue to be in this competition. He showed a very tender side to him that had previously been unseen on Idol. Loved this performance.

Scotty singing “You’ve Got A Friend”

Prediction: Safe

james_durbin

5) James Durbin-“Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow”

My View: Love how he is reminding me of Adam Lambert. He deserves to win this competition. He has the total package: the vocals, the attitude, the artistry, the talent. If he doesn’t win, he needs to at least be in the Top 2 or Top 3.

James singing “Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow”

Prediction: Safe

6) Second Duet: Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina-“Up On The Roof”

My View: Sounded like a duet between Hillary Scott and Charles Kelley, two of the three members of Lady Antebellum. Their voices blended so well together. Love how they are always duetting with each other. Enjoy it each and every time it happens.

Lauren and Scotty singing “Up On The Roof”

1AF065F8

7) Casey Abrams-“Hi De Ho”

My View: Another awesome performance from Casey. Thoroughly enjoyed this performance.

Casey singing “Hi De Ho”

Prediction: Safe

71084-haley-reinhart

8) Haley Reinhart-“Beautiful”

My View: Loved this performance. Haley has grown so much in this competition. What a way to end the solo performances last night.

Haley singing “Beautiful”

Prediction: Bottom 2, probably going home.

9) Third Duet: James Durbin and Jacob Lusk-“Something Good”

My View: Awesome duet from Jacob and James. Two amazing singers that can match each other’s voices. I seriously think that there could possibly be a Jacob-James finale this season.

James and Jacob singing “Something Good”

American-Idol

The Top 5

  1. James Durbin
  2. Jacob Lusk
  3. Scotty McCreery
  4. Casey Abrams
  5. Lauren Alaina

Who Should Go Home?: Haley Reinhart

 

D-RIZZ OUT!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment