Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Top 7 Perform Songs From the 21st Century: The Song Predictions


Today is Wednesday, and that means it's time for another dose of Idol Musings. This week, the Top 7 contestants are performing songs from the 21st Century. That was, and continues to be, an interesting time in music, considering it spawned megastars such as Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, The Jonas Brothers, Lady Gaga, and saw the return of boy bands Backstreet Boys and New Kids On The Block. 


As usual, I will be posting my predictions or wishes of what the contestants should sing tonight. I wish that the judges could actually critique someone (i.e. Stefano) whenever they perform the same way that they perform the week before, or weeks before. There are many things that I think could be improved upon on American Idol, but it is pretty good the way that it is.


I'm getting off topic here!


NEWAYS, here is what I think the contestants should sing tonight, and below that will be my critiques and what they actually sing.


My Predictions for the Top 7 (NOTE: This is not the official order of performances)


1) Scotty McCreery: He could step out of the box and perform a hit from a female powerhouse, such as Carrie Underwood, Faith Hill, or Reba McEntire. That would show his versatility within the country music scene. However, I highly think that he will perform a Josh Turner song, seeing as how Josh Turner debuted onto the scene around 2002. He performed "Your Man" at his audition and in part of the Hollywood Round. So, that leaves a lot of Josh Turner hits that McCreery could sing: "Why Don't We Just Dance," "Would You Go With Me," "Firecracker," and "Long Black Train"


"Why Don't We Just Dance"




"Would You Go With Me"




"Firecracker"




"Long Black Train"




2) Lauren Alaina: Lauren has an awesome array of songs that she could perform tonight. She could go with a former Idol winner Carrie Underwood's songs, but that would be a big feat in itself. Carrie's voice is one of a kind, and Lauren would be pushing it singing one of her songs. I think Lauren will more than likely go the route of Miranda Lambert's songs. She could perform "The House That Built Me," or even "Only Prettier" to show off the rocker-country side of her, if she has that side in her. I believe she does. It's even possible that Lauren sings some Taylor Swift song, but I wish she didn't lower her singing voice to the level of Taylor's weak attempt at singing.


"The House That Built Me"




"Only Prettier"




3) Stefano Langone: Stefano was lavished on last week for his performance, which I thought was lackluster at best. Everyone else gobbled it up, I didn't swallow the performance very well. Anyways, if it was me giving Stefano advice on what he should sing, I think that he should sing something by Justin Timberlake, Bruno Mars, or Ne-Yo. He could sing "Lovestoned (I Think That She Knows)," "Just The Way You Are," or "Beautiful Monster". I think that if he sings any of those three songs, the audience (and I) will love him. 


"Lovestoned (I Think That She Knows)"


"Just The Way You Are"




"Beautiful Monster"




4) Haley Reinhart: I have grown to love Haley's soulful voice. I didn't think she was that good at first in the competition, but she has grown on me. I think that she should perform an Amy Winehouse or an Adele song, because I think that those would suit her well. I think that she should sing either "You Know That I'm No Good" or "Chasing Pavements".


"You Know That I'm No Good"




"Chasing Pavements"




5) Jacob Lusk: This one is a tough one, seeing as Jacob has stated that he wouldn't be performing any sexy songs on the show. More than likely, he will be performing either an inspirational, happy, or gospel song. This song pick is completely up in the air, for I have no clue what he is going to sing. However, I am still going to try predicting what he will sing. More than likely, he will sing "Dance With My Father" by Luther Vandross or "The World's Greatest" by R. Kelly


"Dance With My Father"




"The World's Greatest"




6) James Durbin: This one is completely obvious what he will pick. He should pick something either by Coldplay, The Killers, Nickelback, or even The Darkness. He should sing either "Fix You," "When You Were Young," "Gotta Be Somebody," or "I Believe In A Thing Called Love." He could even throw in a call to Steven Tyler with Aerosmith's "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing." 


"Fix You"




"When You Were Young"




"Gotta Be Somebody"




"I Believe In A Thing Called Love"




"I Don't Want To Miss A Thing"




7) Casey Abrams: Casey should perform something by John Mayer or Michael Buble. He should sing "Heartbreak Warfare," "Home," or "Your Body Is A Wonderland."


"Heartbreak Warfare"




"Home"




"Your Body Is A Wonderland"




Until an hour from now, D-RIZZ OUT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment