Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Final Two Perform For America

This is the night us Idol viewers have been waiting for: the night that the Final 2 contestants perform.

What will Lauren and Scotty perform tonight? I have some clues!

They will be performing three songs:

1. their favorite from the season (which, still we do not know)
2. a new single chosen by producers (we have the spoilers for this)
-
Love You This Big - Scotty McCreery
- Like My Mother Does - Lauren Alaina
3. a song picked by their idols
- Carrie Underwood picks a song for Lauren Alaina
- George Strait picks a song for Scotty McCreery.

Rumors have been swirling that Haley may be replacing Lauren in the finale, due to Lauren allegedly losing her voice. I believe that is a load of BS, and I think that the finale will still go on with Lauren and Scotty.

Now…on to the show!!


Addressing the Lauren story

The American Idol doctor stated that:

During the rehearsal, Lauren was really pushing her voice. She blew out one of her vocal cords.

She is still performing…Thank goodness!!

You can vote for 4 hours following the show tonight!!


First Round: Favorite Song of the Season

scotty mccreery

Scotty McCreery performs his favorite song from this season: “Gone” by Montgomery Gentry

Numbers are 1-866-IDOLS-01, 1-866-IDOLS-03, 1-866-IDOLS-05, and 1-866-IDOLS-07, text “Vote” to 5701, and vote at Americanidol.com

What I Think: This is one of my many favorite Scotty performances from this season. He did good again!

Judges are not critiquing this performance. It went straight to the numbers.

Scotty is the one slated to win the title this season.

Truthfully, it’s up in the air.

Lauren-Alaina

Lauren performs her favorite song, “Flat on the Floor” by Carrie Underwood

Numbers are 1-866-IDOLS-02, 1-866-IDOLS-04, 1-866-IDOLS-06, and 1-866-IDOLS-08, text “Vote” to 5702, or vote at Americanidol.com

What I Think: She is doing good on this performance, another good performance.

No judges’ opinions for her performance.

It could go either way with who wins tomorrow night. I’m not making any predictions tonight on who wins!

Round 1 is over!

Round 1, for me, goes to Scotty!


Second Round: Celebrity Picks for the Contestants

scotty mccreery

George Strait picked “Check Yes or No” by George Strait for Scotty to perform.

What I Think: This performance is a little interesting. I like it. Parts of it sounded a little sharp, but otherwise a good performance.

Lauren-Alaina

Carrie Underwood picked “Maybe It Was Memphis” by Pam Tillis for Lauren to perform

What I Think: Lauren’s voice fits this song so perfect! Sounds like Lauren is giving it her all tonight!!

Round 2 is over!

Randy says, “You did a fine job. This is so hard tonight. They are both incredible. Scotty, you were pleasantly good. I thought it was brilliant. I thought that the George Strait thing it was brilliant. Round 1: slight edge to Scotty. Round 2: slight edge to Lauren.”

Jennifer says, “I thought it was such an explosive start. You attacked it, I didn’t think the second song for Scotty was dynamic. Round 1-Scotty, Round 2-Lauren.”

Steven says, “First round and second round to Lauren, only because she’s prettier than you are (talking to Lauren).”

Round 2, for me, goes to Lauren!

Taio Cruz performs the new Coke single…talk about publicity…the mike went out for a second…didn’t miss much. Publicity for Coca-Cola and Taio Cruz.


Third Round: Coronation Song Singles

scotty mccreery

Scotty’s coronation song is “I Love You This Big”

What I Think: I am loving this possible single!!! I had a feeling that this would be the type of song he would sing. I was waiting for the song to get religious for a second.

Steven says, “You’ve come a long way. You proved it right here again. You take your chances, you ran with it, you nailed it again!”

Jennifer says, “You are a great storyteller. I think you did an amazing job with that song.”

Randy says, “I’m just marveling in the fact that we have the two youngest contenders ever. When you hit that end note, you are in it to win it. I’m proud of you cause you have grown in this contest.”

Lauren-Alaina

Lauren’s coronation single is “Like My Mother Does”

What I Think: What a way to end the performances for the season!! That was an amazing performance, especially when she went down in the audience to hug her mom!

Steven says, “You just gave it up to your mom. I think America sees you as the American Idol.”

Jennifer says, “This is a very tight race tonight. With that song, you may have just won. That was beautiful. It was perfect for you. You sang it just the way you needed to.”

Randy says, “Wow, wow, wow, Lauren Alaina, let me just say. I gotta give some mad props. It was a great ode to your mom. Lauren I love at the end, we finally saw the Lauren we fell in love with.”

Round 3 is over!

Round 3 goes to Lauren!

Lauren may have just won the competition with that song!!

Round 3

Randy: Slight edge to Lauren

Jennifer: Tight race

Steven: Lauren


Who I Think Will Win

Lauren Alaina


See you back here tomorrow night, with a full recap of the crowning of Season 10’s American Idol winner!!

-Drew, American Idol fanatic

No comments:

Post a Comment